Saturday 30 July 2011

Vicky's Make-up

I, have been collecting make-up for quite a while. I'm glad she is coming over to the bright side!

Being somewhat of a magpie for bright colours and trying new things, whilst trying to keep everything in budget, I accompanied her to the lovely make-up shop that is sadly closing down to explore the half price sales.

This is what I discovered:

From left to right: W7 nail polish (in 21 Neon Yellow), Revlon scented nail varnish (in Gumdrop) Loreal jet set Lacquer (in 650)
Rimmel Three Sum Eye shadows in 800 Raw, 100 Naughty and 300 Breath Taking.


I had been wanting a bright yellow nail varnish for a while and I found this one to be a lovely bright sunny yellow, that isn't strictly as neon as I thought. It took a few coats to get the colour I wanted but overall I liked it. The Revlon Scented Varnish was very pale and thin and it needed a few coats as well to get a colour that wasn't sheer. The scent was quite chemically, almost akin to pear drops but pleasant and the colour was lovely too when set. The Jet set lacquer colour was a little hard to put on as the brush seemed to hold too much and the coats came out thick.

Revlon Matte Eyeshadow ( 004 Lucious Lime), Nyx 3 Colour Eyeshadow (TS09 Frosted Lilac, Pacific, Kiwi), Barry M Dazzle Dust (in 60)


I loved the green matte shadow, which was more pigmented than I thought it would be, a pleasant find. The Dazzle dust I bought on a whim, because I really like the bright green. The Nyx Shadows are wonderfully pigmented and all the colours compliment each others well. I think they would be good for both day or night time looks.

Loreal Paris, Colour Resist cream eyeshadow (in 10, Crystal Blanc), Collection 2000 Idol'eyes (In Gun Metal), F.H.P Mascara (in Black), Maybelline Dream Matte Powder (in Fair)

The Colour resist eyeshadow impressed me as it really did stick in place when I applied it. It would also serve as a great base for other shadows and the colour is shimmery without being glittery outright. I found with the eye pencil that I had to press quite hard to get any colour, but I'm hoping it'll get softer with a little wear and usage. The mascara came bundled with a few other items shown here in a little goody bag and serves its purpose but flakes off a little too much for my liking. The powder, I bought primarily because I find it very hard to get yellow-tone based powders that are pale enough. I found this compact a happy surprise and it feels very nice to wear.

W7 Lipstick (in Forever Red), Bourjois So Rouge Tester (in Trendy Rouge) and finally, Collection 2000 True Glossy Crystal.

The w7 Lipstick feels thick to apply, but in a good way. I like the rich darker red and it stays on relatively well in the short time I was wearing it (I was keen to try on all of my lipsticks!). The Bourjois tester was lovely and the scent of it was great and it didn't feel waxy on the lip. The last one looks somewhat ridiculous in the tube and wearing it, you realise you have a fair amount of glitter on your lip. this is not a shade for the fainthearted but I imagine it is pretty layered over a stain or something, or to add a little dazzle to your natural colour.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to post any questions in the comment if you would like more info on anything.

xxVickyxx

No comments:

Post a Comment