Saturday 30 July 2011

Storage Creations :)

How to decorate storage tins to make them cute and personalised.

Difficulty : Very Easy.

 You will need:
Selection of things you will need.
*Storage tins or containers. I am using ones from Lush! ^_^
*Cocktail stick, or similar object.
*Plastic jewels. I used large ones and small nail decorating ones.
*Super glue.


Select which jewels you want to use and decide on your pattern and colours you want to use. Make sure the lid of the tin, or container is clean and dry. As I was using metal tins I wiped the top over with nail varnish remover to make sure the lids were clean and free from any sticky residue from the sticker.

I chose to stick to only one colour of the nail decorating gems with a star jewel in a matching colour and as I was decorating three tins I picked other colours for the jewels for them too.

Finished Tins.
I then put a dot of glue on the back of the star and placed it where I wanted. Using the super glue I then spread a thin line of glue around the edge, where I wanted to smaller circular gems to be and using the cocktail stick I placed each gem in position. I then put the tin in a place out of the way to dry - this took longer than I expected as I used too much super glue!

Enjoy your cute, personalised tins! I have filled mine with home made lip balm, solid perfume and moisturiser.

xxVickyxx

No comments:

Post a Comment