Saturday 30 July 2011

Vicky's Make up Haul!

A local make up shop is having a closing down sale with everything at least 50% off! I recently have taken an interest in make up, so I took the opportunity to grab a few bargains and I wanted to share my haul and review a few of the things I bought as well as some other make up I have bought recently from Boots and Super drug. 

Barry M:
Barry M.
1. Barry M. 4 Lip gloss Stacking Set. Colour: 747.
2. Barry M. Dazzle Dust, loose pigments. Colours: 47, 73, 79, 84.

The lip glosses smells disgusting but look pretty when worn even though they are extremely sticky.
The loose pigments are amazing, they are really easy to use and blend well. Defiantly better then the lip gloss.

 Rimmel London:

Rimmel London.
3. Rimmel. Colour rush trio eyeshadow. Colour: 747 - Dark angel.
4. Rimmel. Colour rush mono eyeshadow.  Colour: 340 - Heather.
5. Rimmel. Three-Sum eyeshadow. Colour: 300 - Breath Taking.
6. Rimmel. Exaggerate waterproof eye definer. Colour: 261 - Noir.
7. Rimmel Stay Matte powder. Colour: 001 - Transparent.

Rimmel eye shadows always look really pretty and bright in the packaging but they seem paler when you apply them. Used over a primer and with a few layers of colours they are nice eye shadows. The Dark Angel pallet is my personal favourite although Heather is more wearable during the day time.

The exaggerate waterproof eyeliner is possibly my favourite pencil eyeliner I have ever used. I really like it as it doesn't smudge and run especially when I wear my contact lenses. 

Stay matte powder is something I have been repurchasing for years as it is really great for mattifying my skin and doesn't cause breakouts like other face powders I have tried in the past. It is also really good value for money.

Rimmel London.
8. Rimmel. Volume booster lipstick. Colour: 062 - Desirable.
9. Rimmel. Volume booster lipstick. Colour: 052 - Hello.
10. Rimmel. Volume booster lipstick. Colour: 042 - Parade.

Having never tried Rimmel's lipstick as I couldn't find a nice shade I was surprised to find three in shades I really liked. The packaging is really lovely too, a metallic red with the Rimmel London crown logo on the top of the lid. Parade is a lovely nude and perfect for wearing with strong eye make up, Hello is a more pink shade and Desirable is possibly the weirdest colour of the three. In the tube it looks like a really pretty red colour but when you put it on it contains quite a lot of glitter, which lingers even after you take it off. For that reason I think Desirable will be the least wearable, which is a shame as the colour is so pretty!

Collection 2000:

Collection 2000.
11. Collection 2000: Extreme 24 hour felt tip liner. Colour: 1 - Black.
12. Collection 2000: Extreme 24 hour felt tip liner. Colour: 2 - Purple.
13. Collection 2000: Longer lash 100% waterproof. Colour: 3 - Brown/Black.
14. Collection 2000: XXL volume sensation water proof. Colour: 1 - Black.

The felt tip liners are simply amazing! I used to struggle to get a thin neat line on my upper lid but these make life so much easier, they also don't smudge when they dry and the colour is really pigmented.

The longer lash mascara was quite a disappointment as it didn't really do anything to my lashes on my top lid though they made my lower lashes look really pretty and the thin wand was pretty easy to get them without getting it on my under eye area.

XXL volume mascara is really great for my upper lashes, it is long lasting and doesn't smudge - even when I put comfort drops in to my eyes to soothe my eyes from my contact lenses! The only problem I have with it is that I need to use olive oil to get it off my lashes and if you miss any it flakes off around your eyes and is uncomfortable. Olive oil solve that problem though!

H&M:

H&M.
15. H&M. Eye shadow. Colour: Black.
16. H&M. Eye shadow. Colour:White.
17. H&M. Eye shadow. Colour: Purple.

I had high hopes for these eye shadows. When I was younger I bought several eye shadows from H&M and they were the best eye shadows I have ever used, so pigmented and blend able and pretty coloured. Sadly I dropped them and they smashed, at the time I didn't know you could salvage them so I threw them away. These look beautiful - shimmery and pigmented colours, but they don't live up to my expectations, they are OK but certainly not as bright or pigmented as I thought. You also need to use a good primer as a base as they have a tendency to 'slide' and smudge around your eyes.

Urban Decay:

Urban Decay.
 18. Urban Decay. Primer Potion.
 19. Urban Decay. Surreal skin cream to powder foundation. Colour: Fate.

I will firstly confess, Urban Decays primary appeal to me is it's gorgeous packaging. I have a soft spot for purple! 
The primer is amazing! It keeps my eyeshadow on even when I go out to a hot, sweaty club - No easy job!

The foundation compact looks more special than it is. The cream to powder formula is really, really light coverage and will probably be better for my skin in the summer instead of the winter months. 

Wet N Wild:

Wet N Wild.
20. Wet N Wild. Creme eyeshadow. Colour: 619501.
21. Wet N Wild. Creme eyeshadow.Colour: 619504.

I bought these as they were 50p and I thought I could try them, even if they were rubbish I thought they might be useful as an eyeshadow base. Since getting them home and trying them out, I could say they would be better as a highlighter or a blush, I suppose, as they are so sheer and have hardly any pigment. At least the tiny tubes are cute! ^___^

Mixed:

Mixed brands.
22. Collection 2000. Colour intense trio. Colour: 01 - Silver storm.
23.Lipcote. Lipstick sealer.
24.Rimmel. Soft kohl eyeliner pencil. Colour: 071 - Pure white.
25. GILT gel eyeliner. Colour Black.
26. Soft lips. Lip balm with SPF 20. Vitamin Enriched.
27. Soft lips. Lip balm with SPF 20. French Vanilla.

The colour trio is pretty good, the colours are nice and pigmented - particularly the silver, which is good as it's the primary reason I bought it!

Lipcote was something I wanted to try for a while as I read about it in a magazine and thought it sounded really useful! I have tried it several times and have had mixed results, depending on the lipstick I wear it over. My Hello Kitty Mac lipstick has one of the worse results and my Mabelline lipstick and Bodyshop lip stain has had the best.

My sister picked up the GULT eyeliner gel for me from Primark as I wanted a cheap gel to practise with. I actually was quite impressed with it, I didn't have high hopes for it and was pleasantly surprised. Certainly not as great the Collection 2000 felt tip eyeliner pens, but certainly worth £1!

Soft lips were something I wanted to try for a while, I thought they would be especially useful for summer time but had planned on using them every day. The French Vanilla smells lovely but when I apply it to my lips I have to wipe it off again quickly as it feels like it is burning. This could be because I had dry chapped lips at the time - I thought it was supposed to help make your lips better though! 

xxVickyxx

No comments:

Post a Comment